Pedigree Dentastix Large Dog Treats
DENTASTIX Original Treats are the delicious oral care treat that your dog will love to eat – and you’ll love to treat.
Dogs can't resist the aroma and taste of chicken in our meaty dog treats.
These PEDIGREE DENTASTIX Dog Treats are also clinically proven to reduce plaque and tartar buildup. Best of all, our patented, X-shaped chews freshen breath while treating your dog to better oral health.
Greenies Original Teenie Dog Dental Chews
Contains one (1) 6-oz., 22-count pack of GREENIES Original TEENIE Dog Dental Chews
The unique texture of GREENIES Dog Chews cleans down to the gumline to fight plaque and tartar and freshen breath
GREENIES Treats for Dogs are veterinarian recommended and accepted by the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC)
Raw Paws Pet-Premium Compressed Rawhide Bone
These compressed rawhide bones large dogs crave will satisfy your dog's need to chew while cleaning tartar from their teeth.
Single ingredient and all-natural healthy rawhide chews for large dogs made without preservatives, artificial flavors or chemicals.
Our large dog bones are naturally high in chondroitin and glucosamine to promote healthy joint function.
Best dog dental chews
Having a dog is a lot of fun. My life has completely changed ever since I got my first dog, and that was almost 6 years ago. I have a 6-year old boxer who is a lot of fun. Yes, I use personal pronouns because my dog is a member of my family, and I do not have any ‘objects’ in my family. Moving on… I learned over the years that a dog requires a lot of things. While good food and veterinarians are the obvious things, there are others that you must think about, and that is dental hygiene. For that, I buy my dog the best dog dental chews.
I actually have a pretty funny story about dental chews. It is not a story as it is a habit. My dog sleeps in the same bed as I do. Every morning I wake up, and the first thing I do is go to the bathroom, just like anyone else I presume. My dog sleeps even after I get out of bed. I go wash up, pour myself a cup of coffee, and when I return to my bedroom to get dressed, my dog wakes up and looks at my hands. I have been giving my dog dental chews every morning for years, and she formed a habit. She looks every morning to my hands to see if I have the treat. If I do, then she immediately starts licking her lips. If I do not have it, sometimes I forget, she looks at me with her needy and manipulative face as if she wonders how the hell I forgot her dental chew. I feel guilty right away and go get it. The point is that my dog formed a habit, and God forbid I forget to buy dental chews when I run out.
The benefits of dog dental chews
Apart from the cute habit my dog formed, and the guilt I have whenever I forget about her treats, there are actual benefits to feeding your dog dental chews.
- Improves dog dental hygiene – brushing a dog’s teeth is not easy. Believe me, I tried. But that does not mean you do not have to take care of your dog’s oral hygiene. Dogs too can suffer from plaque, tartar, bad breath, swollen gums, and more. Since you cannot ask the dog to take care of his/her mouth (doh!), you need to take care of that yourself. Buying dog dental chews is the best thing you could do. It is not like brushing, but chewing actually cleans the teeth and the residue on the gums. In fact, studies have proven that feeding your dog dental chews can prevent your dog from developing periodontal disease. Significantly.
- Prevents cavities – since dog dental chews remove plaque, tartar, and residue, your dog will stay away from cavities. I think it is worse for a dog to develop cavities than humans. A human can say when it hurts, and you can go to the dentist whenever a small cavity makes its way into one of your teeth. You can take medicine for pain. A dog, however, will suffer in silence, and by the time you see a cavity, it will be too late. Dogs are not keen on having their mouths checked. Not mine, at least. You can take your dog to a dentist, but that is really expensive. Dog dental chews are cheap, on the other hand.
- Improves breath – humans are not the only species who have bad breath in the morning. Dogs have it too. And they have it worse. When was the last time you smelled their food? A dog dental chew can improve that as well. It will not smell mint-fresh after the dog eats it, but it is better in any case.
- They can be a pleasant pastime – there are many types of dog dental chews, and not only those that I feed my dog in the morning. For example, a compressed rawhide bone can keep my dog busy for hours. It has the same benefits as the other treats (removing tartar, plaques, and so on) but it can also keep your furry friend occupied. It is ideal for dogs who like to chew on things, and it is better if he or she chews on a compressed bone rather than your furniture or worse, shoes.
How to choose the best dog dental chews
If you go on Amazon, or on any other online store, you will find about 130 pages of dog treats and dental chews. How can you possibly make the best decision? Many dog owners find a brand and stick to it. Not a bad strategy, especially when the results are satisfactory. But if you have not been doing this for long, you may need some help. Here is what you need to consider when you buy dog dental chews.
- Size – not all dogs can chew on the same bone. If you take a closer look at the products you find, you will see something like ‘for medium-large dogs.’ It refers to the size of the treat. Dog dental chews have some substances in them that in large quantities are not so good for your dog. That is why on the package it will always say ‘Please do not feed your dog more than 1-2 pieces per day.’ Now, if you have a Beagle, for example, but you feed it dental chews for large dogs, in the long run, that may not be a good thing. Stick to your dog’s size, and you should be fine.
- Flavor – believe it or not, dogs have tastes as well, and it may happen for your dog to not be interested in beef, for example. Check the flavor on the package to see if your dog will like the treats or not. For example, my dog does not like duck, but I think she would actually commit murder for chicken.
- Vitamins are welcome too – I give my dog vitamins from time to time, but if you do not have this habit, you can buy dog dental chews that have a complex of vitamins and minerals. There are several such products on the market, and you can choose the one suited for your dog, depending on the breed. For example, my dog is a boxer, and boxers need vitamins for their coat, skin, and You should do some research on what your dog needs and take it from there.
What are the best dog dental chews?
In my experience, there are many such products on the market. They provide pretty much the same thing. However, there are a few that earned a reputation as being the best. Below, you find three of those products. I should tell you that I tried all of them. Actually, my dog tried all of them, but I have seen excellent results. I have never taken my dog to the dentist, for that matter.
Pedigree Dentastix Large Dog Treats
Now, I have a large lady boxer. 66 pounds to be more specific. And no, she is not fat. I know that girls boxers do not usually weigh that much, but mine is very tall and well built. She could lose a few, but she is healthy. That was my point. That is why I feed her Dentastix for large dogs. Every morning after I wake up, I have to give her the treat. Otherwise, I get not-so-nice looks, and I feel guilty.
The dog dental chews from Pedigree are very efficient. As a result, my dog does not have oral problems whatsoever. I do not feed her Dentastix only because she may get bored, but I change it with another brand from time to time. As for flavor, this product is chicken-flavored, and my dog loves it. It does not take long for her to chew it, and she always wants more, but the recommended amount is just one stick per day.
I usually buy the 32 package because it is better cost-wise. It is enough for a month, so dental chews are not expensive to buy regularly. They are x-shaped, which is actually good for your dog’s teeth. What matters the most is that these dental chews will meet their purpose. Your dog’s oral hygiene will improve or maintain the state of health required for a healthy dog. The breath will improve as well, and you may not see a dog dentist your dog’s entire life. And that is the purpose of dog dental chews, after all.
Greenies Original Teenie Dog Dental Chews
When I do not feed my dog Pedigree Dentastix, I give her this brand. It changes things a bit, and I like my dog to try different flavors, so she does not get bored. These clean the teeth pretty well, and the breath is much improved afterward. As for the smell, these are actually better than the Dentastix. Her breath is a bit fresher, so to speak.
One of the things that I like about this product is that it also provides a vitamin and mineral complex. The substances are highly soluble, and they will not affect your dog’s digestion, but they are grain-free, a quality of premium and super-premium dog foods, and your dog’s overall health will improve.
The Greenies dog dental chews are available in four sizes, from Teenie (5-15 pounds) to large (50-100 pounds). As for the results, I am more than satisfied. As I said, I use this brand together with Pedigree Dentastix, and my dog’s oral hygiene could not be better. They are not expensive, and they are shaped like a toothbrush with a bone handle. The dog does not care, but I find it cute.
Raw Paws Pet-Premium Compressed Rawhide Bone
Last but not least, this is another product that you may be interested in for your dog. It is a 10-inch rawhide bone which is made of compressed cow skin. While that may seem gross to you, your dog is going to love it. Mine does, and she sometimes spends hours chewing on it. It is like a competition to finish it. It does last a long time if she nibbles a little bit every day, but once she ended it all. In 5 hours. With water breaks, of course.
As opposed to other dog dental chews, this is 100% natural. It has the cleaning effect over the dog’s teeth, but I use it more for the entertainment. When my dog was little, someone told me that this kind of dog chew is good to leave for your dog when you leave the house. That way, the furry friend will chew on the bone, not your shoes or furniture. It worked. As a pup, my dog ruined only one pair of sandals. I am very grateful for that.
There is a downside to this bone. It is nothing you cannot overcome, but you need to be careful. It turns really gross after a while. It is slimy and gummy. Your dog still likes it, but if you find it on your bed, you may barf. It turns the upholstery of your furniture or your bedding sticky. This is a bone that is best given to chew on the floor or outside. But whatever you do, do not let your dog chew it on your bed. Or couch. I have been there. It is nasty. Other than that, this is a product that you should buy.
Since I tried all three products, choosing just one is difficult. However, I am going to go with the most commonly used product in my house, the Pedigree Dentastix Large Dog Treats. My dog loves it, it meets its purpose, and they are quite cheap. I think this is one of the best dog dental chews you can buy for your dog. I strongly recommend it.
Keeping your dog’s oral hygiene is just as important as keeping yours. I cannot bear the thought of my dog being in pain just because it did not take care of her teeth. I believe you cannot as well. That is why you should do something about it, and one of the products above will help. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Biggest Myth About Blue Dental Bones Exposed
- The Most Popular Dog Treats for Teeth
- Best Dog Treats for Teeth Exposed
- The Dirty Facts About Dog Dental Care Products
- Best Dog Chews for Cleaning Teeth Guide
- What You Have to Know About Safe Dog Chews
- Top Advice on Best Dog Toothpaste
- What Everybody Is Saying About Dog Teeth Cleaning Bones and What You Have to Do
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Dog Chews for Teeth
- A History of Toothpaste for Dogs Refuted
- What You Don’t Know About Puppy Dental Chews Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Secret Solutions to Virbac Cet Chews Identified
- Whatever They Told You About Virbac Dog Chews Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- The Supreme Approach to Dental Dog Chews
- Why No One Is Discussing Dog Dental Bones and What You Need to be Doing Right Now About It
- Best Dog Chews – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- The Basic Facts of Cet Dental Chews
- The Ultimate Solution for Natural Dog Treats
- The Secrets of Vet Recommended Dog Dental Chews Revealed
- The Upside to Cet Dog Chews
- How to Choose Best Dental Treats for Dogs
- The Ultimate Strategy to Virbac Dental Chews
- The Importance of Dog Dental Sticks
- What You Don’t Know About Dental Treats for Dogs
- The Ultimate Dental Bones for Dogs Trick
- Outrageous Dental Dog Treats Tips
- What You Need to Do About Dog Dental Treats Before It’s Too Late
- The Confidential Secrets of Healthy Dog Treats Revealed
- The 30-Second Trick for Dog Bone
- Top Best Dental Chews for Dogs Guide!
- Where to Find Dental Sticks for Dogs
- The Number One Article on Cet Chews
- The Unknown Details Regarding Dental Chews for Dogs That Most People Don’t Know About
- The Key to Successful Dog Dental Chews
- Life, Death, and Dog Treats